The results of the Search for Health Providers based on the criteria entered
are displayed in a Table View.
Descriptions of the fields displayed on the Results page(s):
- NPI: The NPI Number is the unique, 10-digit
National Provider Identifier assigned to the provider. The NPI Number is a
hyperlink, navigating to the NPI Details page, when selected.
- Name: The Legal Business Name associated with the
Provider. For Individual Providers, the Name column consists of the
Individuals First and Last Names.
- NPI Type: Identifies if the Provider is a Type 1 Individual Provider
or a Type 2 Organizational Provider .
- Primary Practice Address: The address of the Practice
Location is displayed.
- Phone: The Phone number associated with the Practice
Location is displayed.
- Primary Taxonomy: The description of the primary taxonomy for the provider
is displayed. If a primary taxonomy does not exist for the provider, the
Taxonomy column will display "No Primary Taxonomy". All taxonomies for the provider will be
displayed on the Details page regardless of the primary taxonomy status.
- Home hyperlink: Navigates to the Search for NPI Records
- Back button: When displayed navigates to the previous search results page.
- More button: When displayed navigates to the next search results page.
- Start a New Search button: Navigates to the Search for NPI Records page.
- NPPES hyperlink: navigates to the NPPES system Login page where providers can apply for and manage their NPIs.
- Downloads hyperlink: navigates to the
Data Dissemination page where information regarding the NPPES
Downloadable files. The NPPES Downloadable file is for those users
needing access to the full NPPES data dissemination file, please feel free to
utilize the monthly NPPES Downloadable File. File can be found on the
Data Dissemination page. Please be sure to read the Facts about the
Downloadable File before attempting to download the actual file. The NPPES
Downloadable File is very large (exceeds 4 GB) and is intended to be
downloaded by individuals with the requisite technical expertise.
- API hyperlink: navigates to the NPPES API
Help pages. The NPPES Read API facilitates the reading of the public
information associated with an NPI (National Provider Identifier). All
information produced by the NPPES Read API is provided in accordance with the
NPPES Data Dissemination Notice.
NPI Registry Help Pages